1. The registration fee must be paid on enrollment and re-entry after an absence of 4 consecutive weeks.
2. Tuition fees must be paid in full prior to the beginning of each term. Please write your child’s name on the cheque. NSF cheques are subject to a $25.00 fee.
3. Only registered and paid students are allowed in the class during the lesson time. Regular and punctual attendance at lessons is mandatory. Missed lessons will not be made up.
4. Student's with a total of 3 "no shows" or "missed lessons" will lose their place for the following term
5. No refund or credit can be allowed for classes missed.
6. All absences must be notified to the teacher prior to the lesson time.
7. The parent must notify the teacher of any health concerns regarding your child such as food allergies or medical conditions.
8. The parent must provide the teacher with a telephone number that is appropriate in case of an emergency.
9. Parents are welcome to communicate by phone or email regarding the lessons, but NOT at the lesson location.
10. The safety of all students is imperative. Your child must never be left in an unsupervised situation before or after the scheduled lesson time. Your child must be promptly dropped off and picked up at the end of the lesson time by a parent/guardian/daycare personal.
11. A late pickup fee will be charged at $2.00 per minute.
12. The student is expected to arrive with all the of the necessary materials.
13. Students are expected to practice a minimum of 5 - 10 minutes a day in order to progress. A physical keyboard/piano is not required in the beginning, but students are provided with a practice keyboard in the back of their binder or a piano app is also accepted for beginners. There is a piano app available online on my site for proper home practice.
14. Student progress is the responsibility of the student.
15. Parents are expected to initial the practice sheet every week to verify that proper practice has been done.
16. Exam assessment in May is mandatory.
17. Exam certificates contain only the first and last name of the student.
18. When signing on for piano examinations, there are no refunds after payment has been made.
19. Report card dates are a general guideline.
20. The final day of classes may need to be adjusted based on recital date availability.
21. Students are expected to conduct themselves with self discipline and respect toward others.
22. Students who damage school property or the teacher's property will be expected to replace said property.
23. Vandalism, bullying, foul language and disrespect will not be tolerated.
24. Students may be dismissed from the program on grounds of vandalism, misconduct or failing to comply with the above regulations. Any remaining lesson fees will not be refunded.
25. Parents must notify us via email or written note if you child/ren will be stopping their piano lessons. Students are considered to be still enrolled until so.
26. I understand that the time I chose will be my child/ren's weekly piano lesson and it is my responsibility to remember.
27. All pictures and videos can be reused for promotional purposes.
28. I hereby release the piano teacher from all claims or damages arising from any accident or injury which is caused by or arises from participation of the applicant named in this registration in the piano classes, examinations or recitals operated by the aforementioned.
29. Students 15 minutes late will be considered a "no show" and will not have their lesson made up or refunded.
30. Lessons may be rescheduled in advance within two weeks of their regular lesson time. Missed lessons will not be made up or credited.